Here you will find resources that I have personally enjoyed and am thrilled to share. This page will have items added frequently. Descriptions are still to be added and the page is still in the process of being updated and organized ☺.
My wish is you enjoy these recommendations that stem from my LOVE of finding resources that are better for our environment, for our communities, for individuals and families! May we all continue to “green up and clean up!”
Many toys have recently been recalled along with bottles, pacifiers and other plastic items due to chemicals and toxins in these items. Medicines, shampoos, lotions, diaper cream, and supplements can also have ingredients that are potentially harmful to your children. As both consumers and busy parents, it is difficult to keep up with the new research and information published on these topics. The suggestions available in this area will have been researched by me and will save you time, leaving you more time to spend with your precious ones.
Product and Service Suggestions
Book Suggestions For Families
ADD and ADHD:
- No More Ritalin: Treating ADHD Without Drugs by Dr. Mary Ann Block Natural
- Treatments for ADD and Hyperactivity by Skye Weintraub, ND
- Help for the Hyperactive Child by William Crook, MD
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book by Nancy Mohrbacher, Julie Stock and La Leche League International
- Medications and Mothers Milk: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology by Thomas W. Hale, Ph.D.
- The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition and Other Holistic Choices by Aviva Romm
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health by Toni Weschler
- The Whole Pregnancy Handbook: An Obstetrician’s Guide to Integrating Conventional and Alternative Medicine Before, During and After Pregnancy by Joel Evans, MD and Robin Aronson
- Mothering Magazine’s Having a Baby, Naturally: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth by Peggy O’Mara, Wendy Ponte and Jackie Facciolo
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susun S. Weed
- A Child is Born by Lennart Nilsson Birthing From Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer and Rhonda Wheeler
- What the Doctor May Not Tell You About Childhood Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave and Deborah Mitchell
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert Sears
- What Every Parent Should Know About Childhood Immunization by Jamie Murphy
- Immunization: Theory vs. Reality by Neil Z. Miller
Food Supply, Politics and Pertinent Current Research
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition & Health by Marion Nestle
- Our Stolen Future – Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence and Survival? A Scientific Detective Story by Theo Colburn, Diane Dumanoski and John Peterson Myers
- Green Babies, Sage Moms: The Ultimate Guide to Raising Your Organic Baby by Lynda Fassa and Harvey Karp
Raw Food for Kids:
- Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens
- Evie’s Kitchen by Shazzie
- Baby Greens: A Live-Food Approach for Children of All Ages by Micheala Lynn
- Super Immunity for Kids by Leo Galland and Dian Dincin Buchman
- Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children by Sharifa Oppenheimer
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher: What Parents Can Do With and For Their Children from Birth to Age Six by Rahima Baldwin Dancy
- Children of Now by Meg Blackburn Losey Msc.D., Ph.D.
- Homeopathic Medicine for Children and Infants by Dana Ullman, MPH
- Digestive Wellness for Children: How to Strengthen the Immune System & Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion by Elizabeth Lipski
Local Community Websites:
More coming soon!